This course will give examples of good and poor person-centred care so delegates are able to identify areas that they can improve on in their own workplace. This course also encourages delegates to use the reflective note-making facility so they are able to build their understanding of this method of communication and care.
• Explain what person-centred care is and how it affects people receiving care
• Describe how it can be put into practice in their role
• Differentiate between examples of good and poor person-centred practice
• Describe how person-centred care is an ongoing process and continuous discussion with the individual
• List appropriate ways staff can report concerns
The price will vary depending on how many courses you will be needing. Give us a call, we’d be happy to answer any questions: 0129 360 2391
Please call us today and we can give you advice on the right courses and help you find the right CQC training package for your carers. Once your booking has been confirmed, we will send you your joining instructions and access code. All you need to do is create a login and input the code we send you so you can start the course.
There is no expiry date on course credits. As soon as the course is allocated to an individual, 1 licence is used and the learner will have 12 months to complete that course. An email will be sent if the course has not been completed within 11 months.
Once you have completed your course, your digital certificate will be sent to the email address that is used to login once the course is completed.