Asperger syndrome is a form of autism which makes anyone with the condition less able to interact with others and creates difficulties in understanding social rules and situations. This course will teach delegates how to communicate with people suffering from Asperger’s syndrome and ways to prevent them from feeling anxious and confused. This training meets all the recommendations advised by the CQC.
• Understand what Asperger's is and its relation to the autism scale.
• Know the relevant legal and policy framework.
• Characteristics and how they can be presented.
• Know its impacts and how they can affect people differently.
• Strategies of how to achieve and promote effective communication.
• How to provide effective support.
• Identify social situations which may present challenges.
• Recognise the diversity and individual personality of people with Asperger syndrome, with the provision of person centred care and support.
• Ways in which autism can impact the everyday lives of family and other supporters, as well as the individual.
• Consider practical ways to provide support to people with Asperger syndrome.
This course can be delivered in-house at your location for classes of up to 12 delegates. We offer rigorous training with hands-on elements, designed to instil lasting knowledge in to your carers.
We will ensure that your carers are well versed in the latest CQC recognised methods and practices. To find out more, do not hesitate to call us on 0129 360 2391 and one of our advisors will be there to help!
Whether your company is booking in advance or organising training at short notice; our trainers are available 7 days a week and will attend any venue nationwide. Evening courses are also available.