The Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Residential Childcare is designed for individuals who are working, volunteering or on practical placement as managers within the residential childcare sector. This qualification includes mandatory core knowledge relating to the development of children and young people from birth to 25 years of age, and understanding the provision of support for children and young people who are vulnerable and disadvantaged.
To achieve the Level 5 Diploma for Residential Childcare, learners must achieve a minimum of 65 credits. They must complete 57 credits from the mandatory units and the remaining 8 credits from optional Group B.
• M/506/7650 Understand children and young people’s development in residential childcare
• A/506/7652 Understand support for children and young people who are vulnerable and disadvantaged
• L/506/7607 Lead and manage a team within a residential childcare setting
• M/506/8362 Lead practice to support the safeguarding and protection of children and young people in residential childcare
• A/506/7585 Lead practice for communication and information management in residential childcare settings
• J/506/7590 Manage risk in residential childcare
• L/506/7591 Lead and manage group living in residential childcare
• F/506/8365 Lead a service that can support children or young people who have experienced harm or abuse
• F/506/7619 Lead practice to achieve positive outcomes for children and young people in residential childcare
• T/506/7620 Lead practice to support the well-being and resilience of children and young people in residential childcare
• L/506/8367 Lead practice in safe use of digital, internet and mobile technology with children and young people
• T/506/7584 Lead practice to promote the rights, diversity and equality of children and young people in residential childcare
• R/506/7608 Lead networks and multi-agency work to benefit children and young people in residential childcare
• R/506/8192 Implement a Positive Relationship Policy in residential childcare
• H/506/7791 Undertake professional development in residential childcare settings
For the optional components, please download our full specification here.
Delegates will only need to have been employed as a manager within the residential childcare sector for them to be able to complete level 5 successfully.
Delegates will complete their QCFs via e-portfolio and will be appointed a vocationally trained QCF assessor who will help them for the duration of the diploma. Support and resources are also provided throughout. Students can learn at their own pace in their own time. However, most students will successfully finish the programme in around 9 months.
QCF level 5 can help you gain the required qualification for working as a manager for Residential Childcare.
This course can be accredited by FutureQuals, City & Guilds or Highfield and will help your organisation to meet the conditions and standards required by the CQC. If you would require your qualification to be accredited by a certain awarding body, please specify at the time of booking.
The price will vary depending on which Health & Social Care QCF you will be needing. To get your quotation, please call us on 0333 212 4870 and one of our care experts will be happy to help. Monthly payment plans and bulk discounts are also available.