Our QCF level 4 is the equivalent of a Higher National Certificate (HNC) and will equip learners with the knowledge, understanding and skills required to work in a senior role with adults in health and social care settings.
To achieve the Level 4 Diploma for Health and Social Care, learners must achieve a minimum of 70 credits. They must achieve 36 credits from the Mandatory Group, a minimum of 6 credits from Optional Group 1 and a minimum of 28 credits from Optional Group 2. At least 55 credits must be achieved at Level 4 or above.
• L/506/6053 Advanced Communication skills
• J/506/7623 Personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
• J/506/7119 Equality and diversity in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
•412: Equality and Diversity in Health and Social Care.
• 413: Facilitate Person Centred Assessment to Support Wellbeing of Individuals.
•414: Facilitate Support Planning to Ensure Positive Outcomes for Individuals and to Support Wellbeing.
• 415: Understand Personalisation in Care and Support Services.
•416: Health and Safety in Health and Social Care Settings.
• 417: Professional Practice in Health and Social Care for Adults.
• 418: Safeguard Vulnerable People Who Are Present in the Adult Social Care Sector.
•637: Develop, Maintain and Use Records and Reports.
• 681: Understand Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care Settings.
For optional Group 1 and Group 2, please download our full specification here.
Delegates will only need to have been employed in a vocational care setting (Healthcare assistant, support workers, care workers, personal assistants etc.) for them to be able to complete level 4 successfully.
Delegates will complete their QCFs via e-portfolio and will be appointed a vocationally trained QCF assessor who will help them for the duration of the diploma. Support and resources are also provided throughout. Students can learn at their own pace in their own time. However, most students will successfully finish the programme in around 9 months.
Once completing, you can move onto the QCF Health & Social Care Level 5 Diploma or you can undertake a range of specialist care courses. These are all available at Universal Care Courses.
QCF level 4 can help you succeed in a wide range of healthcare settings, such as:
• residential care
• community and primary care
• acute health environments (eg hospitals)
• domiciliary/homecare services
• supported living projects
• community-based care
• private care for a person or family.
This course can be accredited by FutureQuals or City & Guilds and will help your organisation to meet the conditions and standards required by the CQC. If you would require your qualification to be accredited by City & Guilds, please specify this at the time of booking.
The price will vary depending on which Health & Social Care QCF you will be needing. To get your quotation, please call us on 0333 9205 590 and one of our care experts will be happy to help. Monthly payment plans and bulk discounts are also available.