This qualification is recommended if you're a care worker, and you have some responsibility in your workplace. You sometimes work without supervision and you want to develop or demonstrate your skills, perhaps to become a senior care worker. Our QCF level 3 is the equivalent of an A-level qualification and will equip learners with the skills and knowledge needed to care for adults or children across a range of health or social care settings.
To achieve the Level 3 Diploma for Health and Social Care for Adults, learners must achieve a minimum of 58 credits. They must achieve 28 credits from the mandatory components and a minimum of 30 credits from the optional components.
To see the qualification structure for diplomas in Level 3 Child Care, please click on the pathway you require below.
• Level 3 in Adult Care
• Level 3 Early Years Educator
• Level 3 CYP Learning Development & Support Services
• Level 3 CYP Social Care
• Level 3 Residential Childcare
• D/615/7919 Promote Communication in Care Settings
• J/615/9079 Promote Effective Handling of Information in Care Settings
• R/615/7917 Promote Personal Development in Care Settings
• T/615/7957 Promote Person-Centred Approaches in Care Settings
• Y/615/7921 Promote Equality and Inclusion in Care Settings
• Y/615/7918 Promote Health, Safety and Wellbeing in Care Settings
• A/615/7748 Responsibilities of a Care Worker
• R/615/7920 Duty of Care in Care Settings
• F/615/7718 Safeguarding and Protection in Care Settings
For the optional components, please download our full specification here.
Delegates will only need to have been employed in a vocational care setting (Healthcare assistant, support workers, care workers, personal assistants etc.) for them to be able to complete level 3 successfully.
Delegates will complete their QCFs via e-portfolio and will be appointed a vocationally trained QCF assessor who will help them for the duration of the diploma. Support and resources are also provided throughout. Students can learn at their own pace in their own time. However, most students will successfully finish the programme in around 9 months.
Once completing, you can move onto the QCF Health & Social Care Level 4 Diploma or you can undertake a range of specialist care courses. These are all available at Universal Care Courses.
QCF level 3 can help you succeed in a wide range of healthcare settings, such as:
• residential care
• community and primary care
• acute health environments (eg hospitals)
• domiciliary/homecare services
• supported living projects
• community-based care
• private care for a person or family.
This course can be accredited by FutureQuals or City & Guilds and will help your organisation to meet the conditions and standards required by the CQC. If you would require your qualification to be accredited by City & Guilds, please specify this at the time of booking.
The price will vary depending on which Health & Social Care QCF you will be needing. To get your quotation, please call us on 0333 212 4870 and one of our care experts will be happy to help. Monthly payment plans and bulk discounts are also available.