This qualification is recommended for those starting out in care or looking to increase your skills and take on more responsibility. Our QCF level 2 is the equivalent of a GCSE qualification and will equip learners with the skills and knowledge needed to care for others in a broad range of health or social care settings.
To achieve the Level 2 Diploma for Health and Social Care, learners must achieve a minimum of 46 credits. They must achieve 24 credits from the mandatory components and a minimum of 22 credits from the optional components.
• T/616/7579 Communication in Care Settings
• K/616/7580 Handle Information in Care Settings
• M/616/7581 Personal Development in Care Settings
• T/616/7582 Implement Person-Centred Approaches in Care Settings
• A/616/7583 Equality and Inclusion in Care Settings
• F/616/7584 Health, Safety and Well-Being in Care Settings
• A/615/7748 Responsibilities of a Care Worker
• J/616/7585 Duty of Care
• F/615/7718 Safeguarding and Protection in Care Settings
For the optional components, please download our full specification here.
Delegates will only need to have been employed in a vocational care setting (Healthcare assistant, support workers, care workers, personal assistants etc.) for them to be able to complete level 2 successfully.
Delegates will complete their QCFs via e-portfolio and will be appointed a vocationally trained QCF assessor who will help them for the duration of the diploma. Support and resources are also provided throughout. Students can learn at their own pace in their own time. However, most students will successfully finish the programme in around 9 months.
Once completing, you can move onto the QCF Health & Social Care Level 3 Diploma or you can undertake a range of specialist care courses. These are all available at Universal Care Courses.
QCF level 2 can help you succeed in a wide range of healthcare settings, such as:
• residential care
• community and primary care
• acute health environments (eg hospitals)
• domiciliary/homecare services
• supported living projects
• community-based care
• private care for a person or family.
This course can be accredited by FutureQuals or City & Guilds and will help your organisation to meet the conditions and standards required by the CQC. If you would require your qualification to be accredited by City & Guilds, please specify this at the time of booking.
The price will vary depending on which Health & Social Care QCF you will be needing. To get your quotation, please call us on 0333 212 4870 and one of our care experts will be happy to help. Monthly payment plans and bulk discounts are also available.