The Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for the Children and Young People's Workforce (England) is the ideal qualification for a Manager or Deputy not in a residential service working with children under 5yrs only.
To achieve the Level 5 Diploma for Children and Young People's Services, learners must achieve a minimum of 90 credits. They must complete 6 mandatory units in Group M (30 credits) and the remaining 60 credits from Children and Young People's Management core and optional.
• F/602/2335: Use and develop systems that promote communication
• L/602/2578: Promote professional development
• Y/602/3183: Champion equality, diversity and inclusion
• K/602/3172: Develop health and safety and risk management policies, procedures and practices in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
• A/602/3189: Work in partnership in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
• J/602/3499: Undertake a research project within services for health and social care or children and young people
For the optional components, please download our full specification here.
Delegates will only need to have been employed in a vocational childcare setting for them to be able to complete level 5 successfully.
Delegates will complete their QCFs via e-portfolio and will be appointed a vocationally trained QCF assessor who will help them for the duration of the diploma. Support and resources are also provided throughout. Students can learn at their own pace in their own time. However, most students will successfully finish the programme in around 9 months.
QCF level 5 can help you succeed in a wide range of childcare settings, such as:
• Nursery nurse
• SureStart worker
• Special Educational Needs assistant
• Child care centre manager
• Preschool advisor.
This course can be accredited by FutureQuals, City & Guilds or Highfield and will help your organisation to meet the conditions and standards required by the CQC. If you would require your qualification to be accredited by a certain awarding body, please specify at the time of booking.
The price will vary depending on which Health & Social Care QCF you will be needing. To get your quotation, please call us on 0333 920 5590 and one of our care experts will be happy to help. Monthly payment plans and bulk discounts are also available.