This qualification is aimed at learners who have an interest in working with children and young people and want to gain the appropriate qualifications in order to support children and young people to gain the best start in life and provide them with a safe and secure environment.
To achieve the Level 3 Diploma for the CYP’s Workforce, learners must achieve a minimum of 65 credits. They must achieve 27 credits from the mandatory components, all mandatory units from their chosen pathway;
• Level 3 CYP Learning Development & Support Services (13 credits)
• Level 3 CYP Social Care (13 credits)
And the remaining 25 credits from the optional components.
• Unit 1: Promote Communication in Health, Social Care or CYP Settings.
• Unit 2: Engage in Personal Development in Health, Social Care or CYP Settings.
• Unit 3: Promote Equality and Inclusion in Health, Social Care or CYP Settings.
•Unit 4: Principles for Implementing Duty of Care in Health, Social Care or CYP Settings.
• HSC 024: Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care.
•HSC 025: The Role of the Health and Social Care Worker.
•HSC 036: Promote Person Centred Approaches in Health and Social Care.
•HSC 037: Promote and Implement Health and Safety in Health and Social Care.
• HSC 038: Promote Good Practice in Handling Information in Health and Social Care Settings.
For the optional components, please download our full specification here.
Delegates will only need to have been employed in a vocational childcare setting for them to be able to complete level 3 successfully.
Delegates will complete their QCFs via e-portfolio and will be appointed a vocationally trained QCF assessor who will help them for the duration of the diploma. Support and resources are also provided throughout. Students can learn at their own pace in their own time. However, most students will successfully finish the programme in around 9 months.
Once completing, you can move onto the Level 5 for the CYP Workforce Diploma or you can undertake a range of specialist care courses. These are all available at Universal Care Courses.
QCF level 3 can help you succeed in a wide range of childcare settings, such as:
• Nursery nurse
• SureStart worker
• Special Educational Needs assistant
• Child care centre manager
• Preschool advisor.
This course can be accredited by FutureQuals, City & Guilds or Highfield and will help your organisation to meet the conditions and standards required by the CQC. If you would require your qualification to be accredited by a certain awarding body, please specify at the time of booking.
The price will vary depending on which Health & Social Care QCF you will be needing. To get your quotation, please call us on 0333 9205 590 and one of our care experts will be happy to help. Monthly payment plans and bulk discounts are also available.