This course will teach delegates a range of essential skills which are suitable when working with patients who suffer from learning disabilities or mental health problems. These skills are required for safe and legal management of physically challenging behaviour.
• Identifying challenging behaviour and knowing when to intervene
• Physical intervention techniques, including breaking away and holding
•The assault cycle
• Laws and legislation
• Triggers of challenging behaviour
• Unacceptable practice
• Threatening behaviour and physical assault
• Dementia and how to intervene physically
This course can be delivered in-house at your location for classes of up to 12 delegates. We offer rigorous training with hands-on elements, designed to instil lasting knowledge in to your carers.
We will ensure that your carers are well versed in the latest CQC recognised methods and practices. To find out more, do not hesitate to call us on 0129 360 2391 and one of our advisors will be there to help!
Whether your company is booking in advance or organising training at short notice; our trainers are available 7 days a week and will attend any venue nationwide. Evening courses are also available.