This course is ideal for those looking to become the designated fire warden for their workplace. Delegates will gain an understanding about the causes and effects or fires, including how to prevent a fire from spreading and the correct emergency procedures. This course complies with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
• The role of fire marshal and responsibilities
• Relevant legislation and guidelines
• Preventing fires and the spread of them within buildings
• Fighting fires with both fixed installations and portable extinguishers
• Fire hazards and causes of fires
• Emergency protocol, including evacuation, emergency lighting and assembly points
• Understanding categories of fire and how they differ
• Meaning of the colour codes on fire extinguishers
• Regular fire safety inspections and keeping a fire log
This course can be delivered in-house at your location for classes of up to 12 delegates. We offer rigorous training with hands-on elements, designed to instil lasting knowledge in to your carers.
We will ensure that your carers are well versed in the latest CQC recognised methods and practices. To find out more, do not hesitate to call us on 0333 212 4870 and one of our advisors will be there to help!
Whether your company is booking in advance or organising training at short notice; our trainers are available 7 days a week and will attend any venue nationwide. Evening courses are also available.