This course will teach delegates how to use an evacuation chair in case of an emergency situation. By the end of the course, organisations will be compliant with the Disabled Discrimination Act 2005 and Equality Act 2010 which states that it is unlawful to discriminate anyone due to a disability they may have. The same rule applies if you are forced to evacuate a building if there is a fire.
• How to use an evacuation chair safely under supervision.
• Assembling an evacuation chair with confidence.
• Understand when an evacuation chair may be required to use.
• Understand them term Fire Refuge Point
• Demonstrate the balance point of an evacuation chair.
• Experience the feeling of traveling in an evacuation chair.
This course can be delivered in-house at your location for classes of up to 12 delegates. We offer rigorous training with hands-on elements, designed to instil lasting knowledge in to your carers.
We will ensure that your carers are well versed in the latest CQC recognised methods and practices. To find out more, do not hesitate to call us on 0333 9205 590 and one of our advisors will be there to help!
Whether your company is booking in advance or organising training at short notice; our trainers are available 7 days a week and will attend any venue nationwide. Evening courses are also available.