This course will teach delegates the symptoms of autism including social, speech and communication disabilities and how they can work around these challenges to provide the best care for each individual. The course is intended for delegates who have little to no knowledge of autism.
• What is Autism?
• Causes, symptoms and diagnosis.
• Autism “Triad of Impairments”.
• Dealing with difficult behaviour.
• Understanding and working with Autistic individuals.
• Differentiate between Autism and Asperger’s.
• Common misconceptions about Autism.
• Legal responsibilities and legislation.
This course can be delivered in-house at your location for classes of up to 12 delegates. We offer rigorous training with hands-on elements, designed to instil lasting knowledge in to your carers.
We will ensure that your carers are well versed in the latest CQC recognised methods and practices. To find out more, do not hesitate to call us on 0333 212 4870 and one of our advisors will be there to help!
Whether your company is booking in advance or organising training at short notice; our trainers are available 7 days a week and will attend any venue nationwide. Evening courses are also available.